Model for Performance Success - Clarity, Alignment, and Accountability
To lead your personal performance there are three core building blocks that lead to sustained performance success.
Clarity, alignment and accountability are critical to performance success in any environment or endeavor.
In fact, if you consistently gain and provide both clarity and alignment it becomes much easier to ensure accountability.
Lets start with the clarity.
You can achieve greater personal clarity by:
- Periodically reviewing and updating your formal job description.
- Identifying and documenting your personal purpose, vision, and mission.
- Each day review your key priorities and actions.
Now lets focus on your personal and organizational alignment.
How truly aligned are you?
Do you know...
- Your managers description of your role and their expectations?
- The purpose, mission, and vision of your organization and department?
- The key priorities of your organization and team?
Finally, are your personally accountable?
It would be very easy to lack some accountability if you lack any clarity or alignment from the above exercises. The key to enhancing your accountability will be to gain more clarity and alignment. In addition, measure yourself against these key accountability elements:
- Do you or have you placed blame or made excuses recently?
- Are there issues/problems either in your control or out of your control that just continue to drift where you have not intervened?
- Do you accept responsibility no matter what the circumstance might be to make positive things happen?
It is imperative to take control of our performance, don’t leave performance success and the measure of that success up to anyone else. Begin leading your performance today by gaining and achieving greater clarity, alignment and accountability, the core to performance success.
And don't forget to sign up for the latest Cornerstone Learning Online Course, Leading Performance! Out on October 24th!
OCTOBER 10 - Blueprint for Individual Performance
OCTOBER 17 - The Performance Connection
OCTOBER 24 - Leading Performance Overview
Leading Performance Release Date
October 24, 2017
Cornerstone Learning is a performance and leadership consulting organization that has worked with clients all over the world. Our focus is working with individuals and organizations to create performance solutions that deliver top-tier results by inspiring, enabling, and developing employee-led, leader supported, and organization enabled performance. We are able to successfully deliver this through multiple products and services such as employee surveys, online training, performance assessments, and performance coaching. The goal at Cornerstone Learning is to assist our clients in developing a dynamic and customized blue print to deliver role model organizational and personal performance.