Destination: Success | What is Your True Potential?
Over the last two weeks we have created a foundation for leading your individual performance by creating greater personal organizational, situational, and self-awareness and established a framework on that foundation with a focus on developing your professional eligibility, suitability, and viability.
With both a firm foundation and the framework in place, our attention now turns to identifying and cultivating your potential and enhancing your professional impact and value.
Let's start with your potential. Have you ever been asked “What is your potential?” and “How do we tap into that potential?” If not, you have now! Potential is not about today’s completion of tasks but tomorrows personal and professional aspirations.
Invest time each month in defining, refining, and cultivating your potential and proactively sharing your monthly progress with your direct leader.
What is your potential?
In addition to cultivating potential, you want to continually focus on enhancing your professional impact. It is important to find opportunities that add value and impact organizationally, with your team, and personally.
- Invest time to learn more about your industry – trends, challenges etc.
- Read articles and white papers, attend industry conferences and education sessions online
- Attend/organize internal educational sessions (lunch and learns, etc.)
- Take the lead in establishing better team alignment/connections
- Each quarter take time to identify, as a team, what's working and what’s not working then create a plan for continual team improvement and engagement
- Proactively schedule 15-minute performance connections with your direct leader to review and pursue your performance plan and results
- Become a role model for leading both accountability and change
- Invest time in cultivating more authentic relationships in your personal sphere of influence
If you will invest just one hour each month to cultivate your potential and enhance your professional impact you will see where taking control and leading your personal performance will make a tremendous, positive impact on you, your team and the organization you invest so much time with.
And for more in-depth training on Leading Performance be sure to check out our all-new Lead Where You Are Passport that helps you enhance core skills around accountability, change, performance, relationships, and purpose.
Cornerstone Learning is a performance and leadership consulting organization that has worked with clients all over the world. Our focus is working with individuals and organizations to create performance solutions that deliver top-tier results by inspiring, enabling, and developing employee-led, leader supported, and organization enabled performance. We are able to successfully deliver this through multiple products and services such as employee surveys, online training, performance assessments, and performance coaching. The goal at Cornerstone Learning is to assist our clients in enabling success by developing a dynamic and customized pathway to deliver role model organizational and personal performance.